If you’re like me, you most likely ate “breakfast foods” most of my life for that important first meal of the day. Somehow, the food industry managed to convince us that we need different types of foods for breakfast, such as breakfast cereals, oatmeal, toasts, bagels, pancakes and other carb- and sugar-rich processed foods that come in boxes or bags with a very low nutrient density apart from the handful of vitamins and minerals these foods are sometimes enriched with.
But if you know a little bit about the way your great grand-parents ate or if you have traveled a little, you certainly know that breakfast wasn’t always this way and it’s (fortunately) still not this way for millions of people. Most people around the world eat similar food for breakfast as they do at lunch or dinner: REAL food.
If you’re trying to switch to a REAL food-based diet (whether you call it Paleo, gluten-free or grain-free), it might be difficult to know what to eat for breakfast at first but you’ll see that it gets easier with time. You’ll also see that you can be a lot more creative and have more variety in your diet. Because let’s face it… bagels, breakfast cereals, toasts, muffins, pancakes and waffles are all the same thing: wheat, grains and sugar. They’re just packaged a little bit differently!
Here are a few of my favorite grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free breakfasts made with REAL food ingredients to start your day with the perfect nutrition punch that will keep you energized until lunch without feeling your typical mid-morning crash.
The easiest way to get started with gluten-free, grain-free or Paleo breakfasts is to turn to eggs. That’s what many people do and it’s great because eggs, especially the yolks, are super nutritious. Eggs are also super versatile and can be used to create a variety of interesting breakfast ideas.
Clockwise from top left:
- Avocado & Egg Breakfast Salad: hard-boiled eggs with avocado + lemon juice + EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil) (recipe here)
- Egg “muffins”: combine eggs with your favorite combination of vegetables, seasonings and even bacon / sausages to make these grain-free muffins (recipe here)
- Frittata, omelets or scrambled eggs: simply combine eggs with your favorite veggies (I like onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes) and cook either as a frittata, omelet or scrambled eggs in either coconut oil, ghee or butter. Sprinkle with good quality cheese if you tolerate a bit of dairy.
- Fried eggs + bacon + vegetables / fruits: breakfast couldn’t get any easier, just serve your eggs any way you like with fruits, vegetables / avocado and bacon / ham.
- Birth certificate apostille, apostille documents. Apostille documents.
- Granite installers near me. Los gatos quintals granite countertops nashville.
Simple Squares Organic Snack Bar, Coconut, 1.6 oz. Bars, 12 Count
Grocery (Simple Squares)
Health Junkie: The Ultra Energy Bars That Last (Combo Pack - 12 Count) ~ Gluten Free, Never GMO's and Always Organic Ingredients ~ Delicious Chocolate Nectar (6 Bars) ~ Vanilla Cashew Cherry (6 Bars)
Health and Beauty (YouBar)
Dr. McDougall?s Right Foods Organic Maple Oatmeal Cups Made with Organic Gluten Free Oatmeal, 2.5-Ounce Cups (Pack of 6)
Grocery (Dr. McDougall's Right Foods)
Simply Protein Bar Peanut Butter Chocolate, 1.4-Ounce Bar (Pack of 15)
Grocery (Simply Protein Bar)
Namaste Foods, Gluten Free Sugar Free Muffin Mix, 14-Ou,nce Bags (Pack of 6)
Grocery (Namaste Foods)